The Organic Food Council of Manitoba -
The Manitoba Minister of Agriculture has just released the Small Scale Farm and Food Report. It is available here
Exploring the Transition to Organic Farming FREE WORKSHOP
Brandon Ag Days, January 22 Upper Curling Club Lounge
More information here
The Organic Value Chain Roundtable has produced several Reports to Help Producers Transition to Organic Grain, Vegetable and Beef Production. More information here.
Welcome - We're Glad You Found Us!
You care about the long-term impact that our food system has on this planet. You wish you could grow organic food or support farmers and other food providers who share your values. You want to get connected to the people and resources that will help you make the best choices about your food.
You're in the right place if...
* you're looking for someone who grows or sells local, organic food
* you're confused about food labeling and certification processes
* you can't find the resources or information about organics that you're looking for.
You can relax now that you've found...
A dedicated team of organic growers and eaters who are passionate about tracing food back to its source. We started this Manitoba chapter of Canadian Organic Growers because we are concerned that our current export- and industry-based food system is not sustainable. We believe that the best scenario is for you to know your farmer, and when that's not possible, we want you to trust the Canada Organic label.
* a free listing of all the organic growers in Manitoba that we know about* information about the Canadian organic standards* workshops on getting organics into schools & institutions through our Growing Up Organic program Find out what's going on using our online Calendar.
We want to hear from you if...
* you don't believe everything you hear and want to know what food labels you can trust* you want to go organic but don't know how to make that possible* you're skeptical that organic food can realistically feed a planet of 7 billion people or more. Minutes and Reports